Nail Biting Series
If you often find yourself chewing, biting or picking your nails – even to the point where they start to bleed – often without even knowing you’re doing it, this 7 day series is for you.
When something like nail biting becomes a habit, oftentimes you don’t even realize you’re biting your nails until you’ve already drawn blood or until the damage has been done. For most people, nail biting starts in childhood so it can be really hard wired in the brain. This is because, for many years, the subconscious has believed that nail biting will help you feel less stressed, scared or anxious. The mind can be like a pressure cooker. When a lot of bad feelings start to boil up in the body, the brain and subconscious need a way to release some steam. Without a healthy coping mechanism for stress relief, the subconscious comes up with its own often not so great ideas, including nail biting. Hypnosis is one of the most, if not the most, effective ways of overcoming this habit.
– Find better ways to let off a little bit of steam when you feel the pressure start to build
– Train your subconscious to replace nail biting with healthier ways to relieve stress
– Feel good about allowing your nails to just heal and grow
– Heal the experience that first caused you to bite your nails
– Cultivate a calm confidence so that you’re feeling less of the stuff that used to trigger the nail biting in the first place